Sunday, February 17, 2013

Product Review: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer

If you're a big fan of Pixiwoo you've probably heard of the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer.  Even Lisa Eldridge is a fan and Tanya Burr has one too in her recent video of makeup collection and storage.  


Sadly, there are no online shops carrying this here in the Philippines but if ever you will be heading off to Europe this is one of the things you absolutely must acquire.  Here's why:

Collections 2000 is a drugstore makeup brand or as they call it in the UK a highstreet brand.  The consistency of this concealer is very thick and I remember reading somewhere that these forms of concealers are best for undereyes since they are moisturizing.  I was sent 2 shades, one of which was super light (Medium 3) and the other was my perfect color (Deep 4).  I sometimes use the really light shade when I'm going for Kim Kardashian Highlighting and Contouring.  On regular days however, I use the Deep 4 for concealing my undereyes, redness around my nose and my blemishes.

I love how great the pigmentation of this product is that it can cover my red pimples and the redness around my nose.  I love the thickness of it because it really stays put and somehow my skin's oiliness was kept at bay with this concealer.  I would swipe it all over my face and buff it with a domed shadow brush to get an even coverage and then just buff in some mineral foundation afterwards.  It does dry very quickly so you have to work really fast so you don't get patches of thick concealer on your face.

For the past 2 weeks I've been having spots on my chin and this concealer works perfectly for when I don't want to wear too much makeup.  I just make sure that it dries completely wherever I've applied it before I powder it in so my powder foundation doesn't clump.  I'd also like to report that it gave me lasting coverage for about 5- 6 hours however the product claims to conceal flaws and blemishes for up to 16 hours.     
swatch of Medium 3, Deep 4 and No 7 Instant Radiance Foundation
I highly recommend this concealer for all skin types but most especially for oily-skinned gals as it stopped my oiling up for the same amount of time it stayed on.  This is one product that is worth crossing oceans for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment