Thursday, November 22, 2012

A LOT of makeup (part 1)

WARNING : This is a long post!  But very informative.

The past two weeks I've been gearing up for the makeup swap I joined for Christmas.  I was paired with Emily Smith, a sweet girl from Melbourne, Australia who has a penchant for BB creams and Asian makeup products.  We were given a $50AU budget which converted to Philippine Pesos would be around Php2,500.00, which as it turns out is also the price for the shipment (boo...).  I will be posting the products I got for her in another entry.  I just have to warn her not to check out my blog so as to not ruin the surprise.  I want to show it to all of my Filipino readers so I'll know if there are some good things in our country that I missed that I should send her.

Shopping for another person makes it hard not to shop for yourself as well.  So everytime I do my buying I set a budget for her and a limit for myself.  I've done about three shopping trips already, not wanting to feel the full blow of the Php2,500.00 and taking my time to find really good products Emily can only get from the Philippines.

So here are the things I got for me.  Remember, this haul took three shopping trips on three different days. (excuse the blurry picture, my hands aren't the steadiest in the world)



First up is a pack of Cosmetic buds from Mimiflo.  I've looked for a larger pack everywhere, from Hi-Top to Shopwise to Landmark, and to no avail.  I think they only come in these little tubes.  So now my room is brimming at the top with these containers (that's exaggerated, but you get my drift).  The pointed tip is perfect for spot correcting, for when your hand lost it's steadiness for a minute and created a bump in your eyeliner.  This costs Php30.25.  But you can actually find a big pack of this in Suesh for Php 60.00



Next is a peach kajal eyeliner from Stila.  I got this from Rustan's at Gateway for Php699.00.  Pricey, yes.  But it's very difficult to find a peach eyeliner from any other brand here in the Philippines.  I use this for tightlining my lower waterline to open up the eyes.  The color looks more natural in daylight but the staying power is only 2 hours or so because of my watery eyes due to allergies.  Nonetheless, this is a great buy.  Even my mom loves it because it mysteriously disappears from my makeup bag every other day or so.



My mom got this for me.  Well actually, I slid it in her shopping basket and when she gave me her wallet to pay for everything, I did! (good girl...)  This is the IN2IT Brow powder, one of the most raved about brow powders in the blogosphere, which retails for Php299.75.  The powder itself is very... um... thick.  You won't have the loosening of powders when you dab your brush on it.  I've been using this on myself, my mom and several clients and if you can see in the photo, the design or indentations haven't rubbed off.  I recommend this to everyone, even the girls with thick brows like me.  I use this to fill in the "empty" spots on my eyebrows and it looks very natural, stays long too.



Last wednesday our choir performed at the Madz et al 2012.  Our costume was a green gown with this billowy green bolero that made me look like a spoiled cream puff.  To prepare for this, I got the Ever Bilena mousse eyeshadow in Peridot (now only Php75.00 from the original Php125.00) and the Wet and Wild Coloricon (Php319.75) Trio Eyeshadow in Cool as a Cucumber which claims to "take the guesswork out of creating the perfect eye look."  For the performance, I used only the dark green eyeshadow which has little gold glittery particles which I find absolutely beautiful.  The glitters make the green color alive, as opposed to it being flat which can make my eyes look dirty if not applied correctly.  The EB mousse eyeshadow served as a good base above my Etude House eyelid primer.  You wanna know how I can say so?  One of my choirmates asked me to tweek her makeup to make it stage appropriate.  She had on her foundation and a frosty blue eyeshadow.  The show was about to start and we were pressed for time so I decided to skip the eye primer and the mousse eyeshadow base and move straight on to applying the wet n' wild eyeshadow.  Without swiping, just pressing the eyeshadow on top of her frosty blue one I saw a lot of fallouts which I then had to clean up.  Take note, I tapped my brush to rid the excess eyeshadow that may fall upon application.  The eyeshadow I put on her had nothing to cling to and the frosty blue eyeshadow just made my eyeshadow slide.  After the performance, a quick check in the mirror and my eyeshadow was still intact with no creasing.



To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment