Friday, November 23, 2012

A LOT of makeup (part 2)

So I was running late yesterday morning so I had to stop the previous post to get myself ready.  Hence, the creation of part 2.



There are only a few items left so let's start off with the other Ever Bilena mousse eyeshadow in Amber (again I got this for Php75.00 from the original price of Php125.00).



I love the neutral smokey eye so this is a perfect base for when I'm doing that.  The consistency is creamy but blendable for when you're smoking the color upwards, inwards or outwards.  I used this on my tita and it worked like a charm even with the wrinkles on her eyelid area (shhh... don't tell her i told you that).  A neutral cream eyeshadow is a very crucial part of a girl's makeup arsenal because somewhere along your personal makeup life, you will use a brown eyeshadow.

I don't know what it is but I've had an insatiable appetite for cream eyeshadows the past few shopping trips. The L.A. Colors Jumbo Eye Pencil (Php 129.75) fed that hunger quite well.



The color is a wonderful deep purple that is very much similar to the Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in Deep Plum minus the hefty price tag.  And anything I can get for a cheaper price but with the same quality, I'll get.  Do I hear an amen?  A little goes a long way with this product.  Too much can actually make it more prone to creasing.  It has a sort of metallic sheen, but not too shiny, which is a plus because I have oily lids.  If you remember my wet n' wild palette?  I topped this cream eyeshadow with the purple in that palette, blended the edge so there are no hard lines and voila!  Instant sexy!  This color is best paired with a bright pink or a nude lip.

Now we have a Liquid Mineral Blush (Php 399.00) in LM-02 by the James Cooper Jazzy Collection.



Let's dissect that.  You have liquid and mineral together in one product which in my experience is a first.  I have not heard or seen any product similar to this.  A liquid blush goes under your powder blush to make it last longer and the fact that it's mineral makes it healthy for your skin.  The first time I applied this I squeezed the product onto the back of my hand thinking that the heat would make it more spreadable.  Wrong.  The blush on my hand was absorbed into my skin even before I was done spreading it on my right cheek.  So the next time I used this I put it on my mixing palette.  The liquid mineral blush gave my cheeks a natural pinkish glow that looked like I was just pinched.  And it lasted for about 6-8 hours.

Moving on.  We have the Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Skin which is one of the most famous lip products in the market.



You've all seen this product and the fame of Ever Bilena in the country is unmatched.  One of the more famous shades of the matte lipstick line is off beat pink and it is a beautiful shade which can match both fair and darker skin tones.  And the fact that it's matte makes you more confident that it won't slide off easily.  The shade in skin appears too dark on my nc35 skin tone.  My face looked gloomy because the supposed nude color of skin was too dark for my actual skin.  Nonetheless, I warmed up the color by dabbing a light pink lipstick on top which immediately fixed the problem.  The matte lipstick also contributed to making my lip color last longer.

Last but definitely not the least are my Snoe purchases.



I got the S Skin Stem Cell Sunblock Cream which is a moisturizer, makeup base, anti-aging and sunblock rolled into one as eloquently stated by their very engaging Sales Personnel.  Talking to her will make you feel like buying everything you touch.  She knows her products well which reflects well on the owners because it shows they educate their staff and that they are passionate about their products.  I've used the product only once, today in fact, and I was surprised.  First, because the product was spreadable and it applied very thinly on my skin as if nothing was there.  Looking at the product and taking into consideration the fact that it's a sunblock, that wasn't to be expected.  Another is that it is fragrance free or it has no scent.  This is good for people with sensitive skin as fragrances found in cosmetics can trigger an allergic reaction.  With regards to it's performance as a makeup base, it worked quite well.  I have very oily skin and when I get ready in the morning, because of my running around the house looking for my stuff, I usually end up with a slight shine on my nose before I even step out.  While on this cream I had a dewiness to my face which I actually like and the onslaught of the oiliness of my skin only appeared nearing the end of my day.  That's a good 8 hours. One last thing, when I bought this they had a promo which entitled me a free bar of soap.  The kind sales lady suggested the licorice bar and I obliged.  I have yet to try that.

So that's it for my LOT of makeup.  Now you know that when I said lot I didn't mean just many but rather a batch counted as one.

Thanks for enduring this long post and see you in the next.  Toodles! :)


      

No comments:

Post a Comment