Thursday, December 13, 2012

Product Review: Pencil Liners



Eyeliners define the shape of the eyes and adds intensity to the whole eye makeup look.  For someone who doesn't really enjoy using pencil eyeliners, I have quite a few.  So in case you're on the market for a great eyeliner you might want to check these out.

1. IN2IT Waterproof Gel Liner in Very Black and Khaki

They have an on-going promo at Watson's where you can buy two gel liners for Php499.75.  The first time I used this was at a Christmas concert for one of our choir's partner church.  The eyeliner held pretty well until after the concert.  It withstood the harsh stage lights and my profuse sweating.  I only used this on my eyelids, though (the Very Black one).  After the concert was a different story.  Being tired and all I didn't use makeup remover and went straight on to wash my face (bad, I know).  Afterwards when I checked myself in the mirror I found that the eyeliner from my top lid had traveled down to my lower lid creating this really thick black line.  Raccoon eyes?  No.  Dark Shadows bride?  Yes.  If you swatch this on your hand it will seem like the line won't be going anywhere, even after continuous rubbing.  But this product is intended for the eyes and it can be quite oily as compared to our hands so I suggest you use a mighty good eye primer to keep the line on your eyes.  Also, I found this product too soft that it inhibits me from creating a really thin precise line and because of the softness I sometimes find that if I'm too rough or in a hurry to apply I end up with little globs or chunks on my eyes.

2. Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Topaz

Because of my chubby cheeks, my eyes tend to look small.  So what better way to open them up than with a bright eyeliner on the waterline?  You would read in other beauty blogs and see in makeup tutorial videos that white eyeliner is used to open up the eyes.  I prefer to use peach because it looks more natural and it's still bright that it can serve the purpose of the white eyeliner.  This Kajal eyeliner is not easy on the pocket at Php 799.00.  But I wanted a peach eyeliner so I gave in and shelled out the money.  This works perfectly on the waterline as it deposits a good amount of color that is very visible.  It is very soft like the IN2IT eyeliner but I prefer that because of the specific purpose I bought it for.  The staying power, however, is not too awesome.  It is visible for around 2-3 hours and then you won't even find a trace that it was there.  But I don't mind reapplying because I love this eyeliner because (as far as I know) it's the only matte peach eyeliner in the market.

3. L.A. Colors Jumbo Eye Pencil

Ok so it's not really an eyeliner but it can serve the purpose.  I use this mainly as an eyeshadow base and even with that you have to be really careful.  You won't notice that you've applied too much until it begins to crease cos you won't even feel it pressing against your eyelids (again, another soft product).  So use this sparingly and always blend after every swipe.  I'm partial to purple eyeshadows so I particularly love this color.  As an eyeliner, it won't last you long but as an eyeshadow base it performs very well.  The only real beef I have with this is the stall where you can get it.  Somehow in every SM Deparment Store I go to the Wet n' Wild and L.A. Colors stalls always look like a hot mess.  Everything is  or has become a tester even those that are not marked because customers just open everything.  When you ask for a new stock of any item the saleslady (if you can find her) will say all stocks are out.  I dunno whether the point of these stalls are to sell or just give a makeup playground to the customers.  And I forgot to mention, this retails for Php 349.75.

4.  Fashion 21 Defining Eyeliner in Grayish Blue

This eyeliner is my favorite.  It's inexpensive (Php 100.00) and the color that is almost black but not quite lends a mysterious look to your eyes.  Like, "her eyeliner is dark but it doesn't exactly look black."  This also deposits well on the waterline and not too heavily.  When I'm wearing a blue or orange outfit, I use this in lieu of black eyeliner and I feel like my whole look is tied together.  If you're edgy but not over the top, trust me, you need this in your makeup collection.  You won't even feel bad getting it cos it costs just as much as your milk tea.

So there... I bid you happy liner shopping if ever you want to try any of these out.  See you in my next post and Avidazen! :)

Swatches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment