Monday, December 17, 2012

Product Review: Ultra HD Eshiko Face Powder

In my other blog I talked about online shopping skills and used there as reference my online purchase of the Ultra HD Eshiko Face Powder.  I got it for a steal at Php 600.00, from the original Php 1,300.00 plus shipping, at Ensogo.  I will be honest.  I've used this product only twice but the results were phenomenal that it warranted an immediate review.

from the website:


ESHIKO™ is a transparent hydrated silica face powder reduced to a size of 10 nanometer, the size of a single particle of smoke. An ordinary face powder has a size of 10,000 nanometer. Due to its size, it easily glides to the skin leaving a layer of protective light absorbing nanospheres that makes the pores smaller ang gives a smooth and radiant look in an instant. It is also translucent which means it does not make your skin pale white even after excessive application, it enhances your natural skin complexion and is suitable for any skin color or tone.
ESHIKO™ absorbs oil and sweat 15 times its own weight. It is perfect for people who wants to have the perfect skin complexion even after a hard days work or a workout at the gym. It is perfect on its own or as a finisher after your usual make-up. It is great for people with oily, combination and dry skin as well. We believe that ESHIKO™ is the best translucent face powder in the market today, If you disagree, we will return your full purchase within 100 days after purchase. Try ESHIKO™ risk free!

The powder, which the packaging claims is 10g, came completely sealed.  There was a sticker on the outside of the case, a tape on the rim after you've removed the cover and another sticker on the inside.  Because they claimed the powder is so small (read above: 10 nanometers in size) they had to take extra precaution hence the abundance of stickers and tapes.  Just to give you a reference - the thickness of the cell wall of a gram-negative bacteria is 10 nanometers - and you can't even see bacteria with your naked eye, let alone it's cell wall.  The particles of the powder are that small.






Another thing about Eshiko is that it claims to be composed of transparent hydrated silica.  This form of silica is safe to use for cosmetics lest you be worried about the scientific mumbo-jumbo.  A study on the cosmetic properties of hydrated silicas was published on the Journal of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists.  There the author states that the oil absorption property of hydrated silica was related to the structure and amount of water inside the silica. The most oil-absorbing form of which is the very high structure silica which is the form of silica that has the most amount of water in the particle.

Now I know what you're thinking, "If the product is that small, won't it clog my pores?"  Yup, thought that too.  The makers of this product claim that it is noncomedogenic which means that it won't block your pores.  Although noncomedogenic is a loose word that is thrown around these days because it makes the products seem very well-researched and tested there is still evidence that Eshiko's claims are true (read on if you want to find out or you could just skip to the next paragraph).  Comedo, from the phrase non-comedogenic, means a hard plug (that blocks your pores) composed of sebum and dead skin cells or bacteria.  These are your blackheads and whiteheads that can lead to acne.  Now because the hydrated silica is proven to be oil-absorbing it will absorb the sebum or oil on the surface of your skin and not create the hard plug that will become your whitehead or blackhead.  So it can't treat your current pimple problem but it MAY prevent future breakouts.  (I said may because I don't want y'all blaming me for your pimple problems.  This is just one of the causes for pimples, there are many more that have nothing to do with blocking of pores.)

I had just had my monthly visitor and so my skin wasn't at it's finest.  It looked dark because I had no glow, I had several blemishes and my under eyes were quite dark.  I used the Eshiko Face Powder alone on top of my moisturizer because I wanted to obtain results from the using the product alone.

The first time I used this I applied it with a regular kabuki brush and the powder felt absolutely light as if I had put nothing on.  I dabbed back into the pot about 3-4 times and kept swiping and swirling the brush on my face.  Initially there was no difference, I still looked like my gloomy old self.  And then I looked down and checked my phone and when I turned back to the mirror again I was shocked.  My face was bright and glowing!  I cannot emphasize how different my skin looked after that 5 seconds that I looked away.  I was floored!  My face looked lit from within and the dark circles were gone.  After the initial shock of how I had "changed" after a couple seconds I did a close inspection and found my blemishes were still very much visible but the darkness or gloominess of the "Curse of Eve" had melted away.  If you check the website of Eshiko they have pictures of people with severe acne and their pimples were completely covered.  My blemishes are the dark brown ones so I can't be sure if it can cover up the red acne.  I decided to experiment and applied concealer after I had put on the powder and it did not work.  The concealer looked dark against my glowing skin and even applying the powder again on top of the concealer didn't fix the problem.  But I didn't care!  I walked out of my room, blemishes visible but with glowing skin, completely happy and smiling.

You thought I'd end there but no.  Of course I have to report the longevity of the product.  I started to become oily (the kind that is not dewy) after 5.5 hours of walking around under the sun.  If you ask me, that's pretty good.  Another test I did was to apply the powder again without blotting my face.  The website claims that Eshiko works best with water and oil on the face so there's no need to blot.  And try that I did.  With this claim, I think they have failed.  There was no "glow after 5 seconds" that I had earlier experienced and my oiliness wasn't reduced.  So I whipped out my blotting paper and just did it 'old school.'

Price: $29.50 for 10g + Free Shipping (but they only accept PayPal)
Coverage: very light, not buildable
Longevity: 5.5 hours
Packaging: Sturdy, but because the particles are so small I'm still very cautious when opening the product
"No Blot Reapplication" claim: Fail
"Glowing and Flawless Look" claim:  So Much Win!!! (9gagers will know)

So if you are on the market for a good loose powder that you can use on it's own and if you have few blemishes but your skin looks flat then this product is for you.  Actually, no.  Scratch that. I recommend this to everyone!  Dry or Oily, Dark or Light.  I am completely inlove with this powder and I want the world to know it.  Now go to the website, order one for yourself and learn to be patient.  "Great blessings come to those who wait."  Or in this case, "a great powder (that can really make you glow) will come to you if you wait."  :)


3 comments:

  1. hi...I would just like to ask if this eshiko face powder works on guys skin? I'm gay and I'm really having a hard time looking for a perfect flawless powder for me since my skin is oily and sweats too much...i really need ur help...>,<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duchess! :) Men have generally larger pores than women. And they sweat and oil up way more and way faster too. This powder can also work well with males because it deposits no color and controls shine very well. It can also give you a glowing appearance and truth be told men also need that. However, this can't last all day for men as you guys tend to sweat more. I suggest using a blotting paper for midday. If you check out the men's grooming section at watson's you'll see the gatsby oil control film there. And also don't forget to cleanse your face at the end of the day because the particles of the Eshiko HD powder are very fine which can clog the relatively larger pores of men. By being diligent about your cleansing routine you can stop pimple formation. Hope that helps and let me know how it fares for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this Ms. Denys. I’m having difficulty in selecting the best face powder that wouldn’t cause breakouts on my skin. I think I need to try Eshiko.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete