Monday, December 10, 2012

Product Review: Snoe S Skin SPF 30 Stem Cell Sunblock Cream

I posted this item in my previous post "a LOT of makeup."  Here is my in-depth review on the product.



There's not much information written on the product itself.  I wish they would have put down the recommended usage just cos I like seeing it there.  As for the effect...

I've been using this product for 2 weeks - the first week only during the morning and the 2nd week also before going to bed.  My skin is combination to oily meaning I have a few dry areas and because I have my monthly visitor, my skin appears dark because of the lack of glow.  This was remedied by the Snoe S Skin.  After a week of using it both day and night my skin appears glowing and clear, though it did not take care of my blemishes.  Emphasis on the clear part.  The oiliness of my face was also kept at bay.  Usually when I get ready in the morning I have oilies creeping up before I even step out of the house.  But with this product, the oils started to appear after 3 to 4 hours which is actually good enough for me.  I don't really want a product that will keep me matte the whole day.  That would just be weird and rather uncomfortable.

The product, when applied to the face, has a matte finish that doesn't feel too dry that you feel like your skin is pulled from all directions.  I put this to the ultimate test in the past 2 weeks I've been using it.  I would only use this, top it off with an oil blotting powder, lipstick, contour and blush and I'm out of the house in 10mins. As previously mentioned I only "shone" (oils started to appear) after a couple hours.  And it's not even really that oily.  Just the dewiness that would actually be perfect for flash photography.  You know the kind of shine they fake on pictures to add dimension to the face?  Yup.  That's what I'm talking about and that's what I get with this product.

So if you're asking if I'd repurchase, I definitely would.  Though I can't say I would stick to just this because my Olay Total Effects still holds a very dear place in my heart.  Also, I think the product would last fairly long because I've been using it for the past 2 weeks and I haven't even touched the top layer (I'm using up the ones that stuck to the cap.  I'm Ilocano and I'm matipid that way.)

On a side note, one of the best things I love about this product is that it's Filipino made through and through. While chatting with the Snoe salesladies at Trinoma I asked where they had their packaging made hoping for an answer like the US or China or Japan or some other place off shore.  She said their packaging was made in Laguna which made me feel mighty proud.  I really like and favor Filipino brands and products because that means there are more jobs for Filipinos.  Another reason is because it showcases the talents and ingenuity of the Filipino people.  Yes, I'm very patriotic.  You should also see the owners of the brand.  My goodness!  37 and 40 years old but they don't look a day over 20.

Because I liked the S Skin so much, I bought more products and am in the process of testing them out.  I also sent a few over to my Makeup Swap-mate Emily Smith.  Will post pictures of those soon.

Price : very cheap for Php 169.00 for such a good Filipino-made product
Where to purchase : Landmark in Trinoma but they have other shops all over the country
Where to find online : Snoe Facebook fan page


3 comments:

  1. I really love finding Filipino brands in cosmetics :) Snoe is one brand that has really good products!!:) Cant wait to try this one you reviewd :)

    ♥,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! :) I have more Snoe products that I'm testing out so stay tuned for the reviews.

      Delete
  2. I have this too! I bought it late last year and I'm just about to hit pan with it. I'm also matipid rin kasi! Hehe. Can't wait for more Snoe Beauty reviews from you!

    Btw, I just followed you! Hope you can follow me back! :)

    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete