Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bob's your uncle

Have it your way and it will be okay, that is.  That's what it means when you say it in Australia.  Now this is not a grammar or cultural lesson.  I just thought it would be a cute title for this post because yesterday I received my makeup goodies from the land down under.

On my other blog, I talked about a makeup swap for the holidays.  I was partnered with Emily Smith, a sweet blogger from Australia.  We had agreed on a budget of AUD50.00 which is roughly Php 2,500.00 for us Pinoys.  Yesterday, I received her package or rather I had to go to QC Central Post Office to receive her package.  Let me just say that the QC Central Post Office is a very sad place.  It was poorly kept and not suitable for working conditions or accepting Filipino taxpayers.  It actually broke my heart to see a government establishment look like that.  Made me think where exactly my taxes go.  Anyway...
I received a total of 9 items all of which, I think, are local Australian brands.  We had an exchange of email regarding things we like to shop for and things we would want to try from the opposite's country.  And I'm pretty satisfied with what she sent over.  I haven't tried any of these items yet though I have swatched some.  I guess you'll just have to stay tuned if you want to find out more about them.


1.  Bloom Full & Flirty Waterproof Fake Lash Mascara in Black

I had told her that I like shopping for mascaras and she said so does she.  I guess this is one she thinks I would like.  Upon opening the product to take pictures I found the mascara to be quite dry already.  Old stock?  Used?  Mishandled in Transit?  On a side note, this wasn't sealed either but it did come in a box.

2. Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Lipliner in Chique

This product claims to be waterproof and instead of a smudger at the other end you get what I think is a smaller version of a blending brush.  Pretty cool and different, I think.

3.  Australis Double Decker eyeshadow duo in Cosmic Rays

I've actually heard of this brand from other makeup gurus on youtube.  It's 2 eyeshadow formulas in one, you get a cream eyeshadow on the top and a loose powder eyeshadow at the bottom.  You've seen this packaging before, usually for loose foundation with concealer on top.  I absolutely love the rose gold color of the powder eyeshadow and can't wait to try it on.  I think the khaki gold cream eyeshadow on top would make a perfect base for the powder eyeshadow.  It might create a different color altogether, or at least a different underlying color.

4.  Australis Paparazzi perfect High Definition blush in Poser

not sealed, surface looks scratchy
if you look closely you will see an area where the marks or ridges of a new powder makeup do not appear
Sad to say but upon close inspection I found this product was used (just a little).  The fact that it wasn't sealed actually gave it away.  It doesn't come with a brush and the color is too dark for me to use as a blush.  However it works well as a contour so I guess I'll be scratching that off my need to buy list.  It has a bit of shimmer in the pan but on the cheeks it doesn't really show.  The pan is also huge at a net weight of 9g and I really like the colors of the sleek, sexy packaging.

5.  Savvy by DB lipstick in Pretty Pink

I had told Emily that I really like nude lipsticks but that I was willing to give pinks a try.  She, on the other hand, loves pink lipsticks.  So I succumbed to her authority in pink seeing as how she has had more experience with it than me.  The packaging is reminiscent of the Nyx lipsticks but the color of the packaging is a dark maroon which I think is very lovely and different from the usual black.  I found out that this cost about AUD4.99 and knowing how expensive makeup is in Australia this is a really good find.  Savvy by DB lipsticks are the Nyx lipsticks of Australia.

6. Face of Australia Lip Quench in Iced Almond

From what I gather Face of Australia is one of the pricier brands, correct me if I'm wrong seeing as I'm not from Australia.  I can't wait to try this because I specifically asked for a nude lipstick and she got me one that I think is the perfect shade.  This product claims to be a moisturizing lipstick with shea butter & jojoba oil and an spf of 30+.  The packaging feels quite heavy and looks rather big.  I hope it'll fit in my lipstick organizer.

7. Savvy by DB trio eyeshadow in Cafe Lattee

Honestly the first time I saw this I immediately thought of army fatigues.  It's quite a hug pan for eyeshadow so you get more of the three colors.  I'm not sure how I'm gonna wear the dark green shade but I'm glad I got it cos I don't think I have anything like it yet.

8. Bloom Organics Scented Soap in Fresh Citrus

I really like the whole packaging, the labels and colors and prints and stuff.  The scent is quite strong which smells more like leaves rather than the actual citrus fruit.  It's pretty small so I'm stashing this in my box of travel essentials.

9. Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment

Ah yes, the ever famous pawpaw ointment.  I must be clairvoyant cos I knew this would be part of the package.  I love this product and this is definitely one of those all around ointments.  Feel an itch?  Put some Pawpaw Ointment.  Got burned?  Put some Pawpaw Ointment.  Got Dry Lips?  Put some Pawpaw Ointment.  Hungry?  Eat some Pawpaw Ointment.  Kidding (although I did find a video on Youtube of a little girl actually eating this).  See?  All around! 

I'm really excited to try these products.  Emily, if you're reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hopefully, we can try this again some other time.  

On the other side of the spectrum, I will show you all what I got her.  I'm just waiting for the confirmation that she's already received the products.  

Want to try a makeup swap?  Send me an email and we'll work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment