Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Joys of Christmas

Christmas has come to a close, though the cool breeze we feel at night suggest otherwise.  In remembering the past holiday I would like to share with all of you the blessings Christmas has brought - from overseas!

This post is picture-heavy and a somewhat preview to the things I will be reviewing.  Thank you to all my family and friends for this loot!

1. Physician's Formula Smoky Eyes Eyeshadow Palette


Thanks to my tita for this lovely present.  This palette comes in 9 colors with a redundant silver eyeshadow.  As it turns out, the silver eyeshadow is repetitive because it is the "smoky" factor in all the eye looks physician's formula recommends you to do with the palette.  It comes in a glossy cardboard packaging that is quite sturdy and compact.  I can't be sure but I think there are no magnetic closures or locks so this little baby might not be best to travel with, although for it's size some would think otherwise.


I've tried it out on one occasion, Christmas day, because my outfit was blue and I thought it had the perfect colors.  Upon application I found that color payoff was not so good. I had to foil the eyeshadow for the colors to show intensely.  I was quite dumbfounded since the palette claims it is used for smoky eyes because you cannot create smoky eyes if your eyeshadows lack intensity which this one does.  Nevertheless, I love the color selection and sheer finish and I don't mind foiling.  It's also very small that it's easy to tote anywhere.



2. Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose


I don't have much to say about this product as I have only used it once.  This product claims to boost your mood through it's smell because it contains endorphin.  Now I can't be too sure about that but the smell is lovely and the pretty hearts do make me want to smile.     


This blush also happens to be the second best blush according to totalbeauty.com beating a mac cream blush and a smashbox cheek color.  It comes with a brush, of the same color scheme, that actually feels soft on the face and deposits color quite well. 




3. Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Lipstick


Forgive the abused table on the background.  This lipstick gives a cool, pink color to the lips.  It is very moisturizing and long lasting and it smells as lovely as the blush.  One swipe is all you need to produce a beautiful pink color.  



 
not sure if you can see it but there is a little pink heart embossed on the center of the bullet

4. Essential Beauty Starter Kit Brush Set



This set includes 3 brushes - 1 powder/blush brush, 1 foundation brush and 1 flat eyeshadow brush.  As you can see from the picture the powder brush is brown-er than the others because I've been using it to apply my mineral foundation for everyday wear.  These brushes are super soft, I mean super soft!  My tita was even surprised to hear that I love them because they were a drugstore product in the states and she thought they would feel "cheap" to me.  


That's it for the makeup Christmas-y goodness.  Although my Christmas gifts from Australia did arrive but that's for another post as there are more makeup products in that package.  See you next time!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment